Last week was a very busy one as we were steaming ahead to the production date for the high school drama class. This semester I have been helping to teach the drama elective class. We had chosen a play about a Chile farm that rebels against the American government as their taxes were raised. The farm declares independence and becomes their own country of New Mexico.
All semester the kids had been working to learn their lines, make props and work together. We played lots of Theatre Sports to get them improvising and into their characters. The 2 production nights were fantastic and was included to the fine arts festival that was on also. There were some stubbled lines but they were able to pick up again and get through, without any prompting from me on the second night. This was the first full size production that I have been involved with and I had such a good time. I am very proud of how well the kids worked. now we just have all the clean up to do!
1 comment:
well done sweet p, you should be very proud of yourself, all this projecting into high school teaching. What a brilliant time of stretching and I can't help wondering what for as you now look toward the future and to what God has for you. xxxxx
Post a Comment